• International organizations:- Arab Office for Civil Protection and Rescue- Civil Protection Program within the European Community- International Organization of Civil Protection- Federal Agency of Emergency Management (Fima)- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)- Humanitarian Affairs office in the United Nations in Geneva- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
• Arab Office for Civil Protection and Rescue:
- The definition and birth:The idea of the office launched from the Kingdom of Morocco in 1982 and was settled in Tunis specifically in Dar Al Bida’ in 1984. This Office aims to:a) To develop the cooperation between the Member States in the fields of the Civil Defense and Civil Protection.b) To support the systems of the Civil Defense and Civil Protection in the Member States.c) To provide technical, material, and human assistance to the Member States in order to prevent the disasters and their implications as they occur, as well as to contribute in its removal and lessening them.
• Civil Protection Program within the European Community:
- Definition:The whole work of the Civil Protection Program is within the perspective of the (European citizenship), and in fact it aims towards working for the safety of the Europeans and influencing their feelings and awareness towards having shared efforts that are collectively approved. This program covers the following: a) Natural disasters: such as earthquakes, slides, floods, fires, ice storms, high tides, and others. b) Disasters driven by human: such as industrial and chemical accidents.
• International Organization of Civil Protection:
- The definition and its birth:In the year 1931 the French doctor (George St. Paul) established a society in Paris having the name of (Leod and Geneva), which is now became the International Organization of Civil Protection.In January in the year 1958 the Assembly transferred to become an international organization for the civil protection, which due to it was organized the International Society of Civil Protection. In May of the year 1958 the Third World Conference of the Civil Protection was held in Geneva with the attendance of 130 members from 23 countries including representatives of the first three Governments that joined the Organization which are (Egypt, Iran, and Philippines). Then, the meetings of the International Organizations were set one after the other through which a lot of important decisions and recommendations were issued.And of these issues that were discussed during the conferences of the International Civil Defense Organization are as follows:1) Various natural hazards.2) Earthquakes - considerations and operations.3) The cooperation among institutions to fight disasters.4) A plan to mitigate the losses. 5) A plan to manage the operations of fighting the disasters.6) Coordinating between the institutions regarding the prevention and offering help in the event of a disaster in the fields of housing and construction that serve and are used by man.7) The policy of civil protection in the developed countries.8) The civil protection and the era of atom – shelters.9) Public Relations in the event of a disaster.10) The importance of preparing the universities’ students in the field of civil protection.11) The application of the crisis plans in the aviation facilities.12) The Management of fighting disasters inside the airports.13) Services of the volunteer’s ambulance.14) Medical evacuation by air in the event of a disaster.15) International assistance and rescue coordination in the event of a disaster.16) A study of the dividing of the areas into small units and the application of this in the prevention of disasters. 17) Civil protection services: in the form of firefighters.18) Meteorological services in the assisting of the civil protection. 19) General considerations about volunteerism in the civil protection. 20) Assistance among municipalities in the area of civil protection.
• Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fima):
- The definition and its birth:This Agency was established in the first of April 1979 in Washington, where it is the central point of contact with the Federal Government for the management of the emergency work widely in the cases of war and peace. And it is an independent agency that operates separately in the themes of emergency with the National Security Council, Ministers’ Council, and the employees of the White House. It has many functions and duties, such as:1) To coordinate in order to support the announced disaster at the federal level.2) Taking strategic important decision for the policy of planning for the stockpile of national defense.3) Coordinating to face the civil radiation accidents during peacetime (in which it includes the nuclear power stations and hazardous material incidents).4) Reduce the incidents of fire losses.5) Managing the Insurance efforts that are being made to reduce losses caused by the floods.6) To manage the national program in order to reduce the risk of earthquakes.7) Developing the program of public awareness.8) To reduce the risks fatalism.
• The United Nations Development Program (UNDP):
In 1987, and due to the request of the General Directorate of the Civil Defense, the program of the United Nations was sent. (Alandro) is being assigned to identify the functional areas of activities that can be cooperated through it between the Kingdom and the United Nations Organization, and in which three fields of cooperation were identified at that time:1) Relief activities.2) Training the cadres of the civil defense.3) Develop the system of volunteers.In 1989, the Kingdom with the assistance of the United Nations Development Program (Alondro) began in the implementation of the project "Strengthening the Civil Defense" project, No. 017/89/SAU where it is designed to be completed in two phases:The first phase is a preparatory assistance stage of six-months long, during which the requirements were determined in details. And because of this, certain activities were managed after the completion of the project’s list in its main level.Stage II: Sending the advisers where the Alandro sent the first advisory mission during that ranges from November 7, 1989 to January 1990. And the main tasks of the adviser was limited the study of the work of the Department of Emergency Preparedness and the structure which it is based on. It is followed by the sent of an expert who worked from August 7 until September 28 in 1991, through which he handled out the following studies: 1) Proposal of an explanatory memo about the list of civil defense.2) Proposal of the guide about the procedures of the immediate relief.3) Proposal of setting the training programs concerning the relief work.4) Propose the project of the organizing list of the work of immediate relief in the cases of wars and emergencies.
• The Humanitarian Affairs Office in Geneva:The United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs works on monitoring and evaluating the situation of the countries that are subjected to the dangers of wars and natural disasters, and this is through the Early Warning Unit and potential accidents in New York (Early Warning and Contingency Planning Unit-New York). And this unit does the follows:1) Identification the countries that are subjected to risk. 2) Control of any event or development. 3) Seeking to prevent or to reduce conflict. 4) Applying and delivering the missions.The response coordination Branch of the disaster ‘Response Coordination Branch’ is the central position of the United Nations’ Office of Humanitarian Affairs in the aim of gathering and arranging the international response to the natural disasters and emergency situations related to the environment, and this through the collaboration with the Emergency Services Branch, and the Emergency Branch Humanitarian. And the United Nation Department of Humanitarian Affairs works for 24 hours in emergency situations.The Governments that can face the natural disasters or environmental emergencies can contact with the headquarter of the United Nations for Humanitarian Affairs OCHA. And in complex cases, the Coordinator of the Emergency Relief (Coordination Emergency Relief) cooperate with the Permanent Committee between the agencies (Inter-Agency Standing Committee) and the affected government through evaluating the needs of coordination and the inquiry of the International community.In the event of a disaster in its first stages, the office of the United Nations for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs by send urgent appeals.The delegations from the various agencies of the United Nations visit the affected areas to conduct a general evaluation of the various sectors to ensure setting a coordinated plan for a full response from the United Nations under the supervision and the participation of the affected countries such as follows: To send and spread of the squads of the United Nations to coordinate and judge the disaster in order to help in preparing an emergency assessment and coordinating at the disaster site during the initial rescue level. And these teams compose of qualified experts and trainers, in particular to guide the emergency cases. In addition to the official crew in the United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs, which remains on high alert permanently. To assist in identifying the needs for technical expertise and resources to transfer the aids through the precautionary measures taken by governments and humanitarian organizations.To help in establishing a center for Operations Coordination in the site, as well as setting a scientific center for handling communications during the 24 hours.to coordinate the spread of the operations in the military, civil defense , and the civil protection centers, and to form a protection civil and military unit within the office of the United Nation for Humanitarian Affairs as a main center for using the resources.To provide special assistance in the field of the environment to the States affected by disasters, chemical, industrial, technological, oil pollutants, and forest fires. Knowing that a united response of the United Nations for environmental emergency incidents is provided by the Environmental Emergency Section, which consists participation between the program of the United Nations for Environment and the United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs. To preserve a permanent stock of the goods of relief for the disaster cases in the humanitarian response depots in Brindisi - Italy. And the United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs can organize the transferring operations of the essential rescue materials immediately to the affected areas. And this depends on the availability of such materials and the harmony with the donor countries.
Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons:
Is an organization that was formed to work on making effective progress towards removing the weapons of chemical mass destruction and applying a strict and effective control on the production and development over the weapons of chemical mass destruction. And its tasks are shown as following:1) The chemical weapons are not to be developed or produced, acquired, stockpiled, retained, or even transferred in a direct or indirect way.2) Not to allow the use of chemical weapons in the event of their presence and work towards their elimination.3) Do not help or encourage in any way to carry out activities related to the chemical weapons.The Kingdom has signed the Convention on the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. And on this basis, the National Authority was set up to implement the Convention on the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in accordance to the declaration of the honored Council of Ministers No.(40)on 3/3/1418, which assigns the formation of the body in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including the Interior Ministry of which it is a member of the delegate of the Civil Defense and the General Investigator and public security. And this organization is responsible for the implementation of the obligations of the Kingdom according to the signature of the agreement. It works as a national center to ensure the effective communication with the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and on the task of implementing the procedures contained in the terms of the agreement, and which falls within its influence, as well as to take all the necessary measures and to coordinate with the government authorities and all that have relations