• Guidance to the pilgrims during crush:
1) Avoid the crowded places because this may lead to an unsatisfied end.
2) Over runs due to the increase of the pilgrimages at one time.
3) Exposure to the sunlight due to the overcrowding may lead to sun strike.
4) Crowding may hamper the passing process which will increase the percent of the gases emitted by the cars which may affect your health.
5) Crowding may hamper the passage of the emergency cars that have injured people on board that have to be transferred to the hospital.
6) Crowding may increase the number of the infected people if there was a disaster God forbid.
7) You must wear the medical respiratory muzzle to protect your respiratory system against harmful gases that are spreading in the air.
8) To gather at the same time in one location in the Holy Places may increase the number of death due to suffocation because of the lack of oxygen.
9) The gathering of the pilgrims at the same time makes it easy for tampering.
• Instructions for the pilgrims in the pedestrian tunnels:
1) When you enter the striders tunnels you must be careful not to sit in the tunnels, because this may hinder the movement of the pilgrimages, which in its turn may lead to run over accidents ad suffocation inside the tunnel.
2) When you notice congestion in the tunnel, you should wait a little to cross easily.
3) When you notice any emergency inside the tunnel you should no gather at the doo, but you should get way from there until the incident is over.
4) Don’t walk in a hurry in the tunnel because this may cause panic between the walkers. On the other and, don’t walk slowly because this may interrupt the motion in the tunnel.
5) In case of accidents you must take into consideration the instructions of the security men.
6) When you notice a problem inside the tunnel God forbid, you should inform the security men outside the tunnel to take the necessary procedures to solve te problem.
7) You should know the exit doors of the tunnel when there are overcrowding in there.
8) You should not set your things on the entrance and exit doors of the tunnels to avoid overcrowd of the pilgrims which may lead to a disaster for all of you God forbid.
9) Do not throw the wastes inside the tunnel because his will lead to deterioration in health as well as it impedes walking.
10) When you smell of rotten in the tunnel, you should acknowledge the security men outside the tunnel.
• Instructions for pilgrimage about car tunnels:
My dear driver:
1) You must follow the instructions if the security men about stopping your car at the entrance of the tunnel until he crowded vehicles inside the tunnel move.
2) You should fire out your engine when you are inside the tunnel in order to decrease the percentage of the ejected gases of the cars that may harm the pilgrims.
3) Inform the security men outside the tunnel in case of lack of commitments of the pedestrian concerning walking in their specific places.
4) In case there was fire in any car inside the tunnel God forbid, you should all quickly evacuate the vehicle and move outside the tunnel.
5) You should not park the cars near the entrance or exit doors of the tunnels because it will hinder the movement of the cars which in its turn will lead to the increase in the amount of the harmful gases ejected by the cars.
6) When you notice an unfamiliar situation inside the tunnel, you must directly inform the security men outside the tunnel.
7) You must repot about the stalled cars in the tunnel.
8) When there is an accident in the car tunnel, you must pave the way for the ambulance cars to get into the passageway.
9) To pass into the pedestrian cannel is through certain places to allow the walkers to walk.
• Directions to the pilgrims about wind and hurricanes:
1) When wind and hurricanes happen, you should follow the following orders to protect both yourself and your property:
2) Keep on listening to the weather forecast and to the instructions issued by the competent authorities.
3) Make absolute sure that your tent is well tight in order not to be blown down by the wind or hurricanes.
4) Hurry to extinguish the fire no matter what its source was in order not to cause fire in the near tents God forbid.
5) Quickly shut down the electrical power.
6) Store enough water in cleaned pots until things get back to normal before the disaster.
7) Save batteries and manual scouts for lighting.
8) Stay in your tent because the wind may be very strong, and in case there were instructions to evacuate so you should follow the order.
9) Keep away of the disaster area or you may impede the rescue operations.
10) Avoid standing near the bridges or the roads full of debris to prevent danger.
11) Avoid standing near the electrical poles and power lines that have been blown by the wind.
• Orders to the pilgrims in case of faults, cracks, and landing ground:
When you notice the presence of cracks or landing ground you should follow the guidelines:
1) Inform the nearest civil defense center.
2) You should not come near these places in order not to impede the rescue operation.
3) When you set your tent try to be far from the cracked places because these places may over go more cracks.
4) If you were asked to leave the disaster place, you should follow the request without hesitating.
5) If you notice an existing phenomenon of the existence of the cracks or that of new cracks or a damaged water system you should avoid it and inform the competent people.
• Guidance for the pilgrims in case of rock falling or during mountain climbing:
When there is a rock falling in the Holy Places, you should follow these orders:
1) Avoid going to the high areas in the mountain only in case your circumstances push you to do so.
2) Avoid walking on unstable rocks in order to prevent yourself from harm and also to avoid the pilgrims from the fall of these unsteady rocks.
3) You must inform the competent authorities about the rocks that may cause danger to the pilgrims due to its unnatural way it looks.
4) Do not set your tent on the sidewalks that are near to the high mountain in order to avoid the falling rocks from getting to you, your family, and your tent, and this because of the pilgrims movement or the rain.
5) Do not set your tent in high places or water cannels in order not to be facing the falling rocks when rain falls.
• Instructions for pilgrims about rain and floods:
When rain falls very much, you must apply the following orders:
1) Keep away from the natural water channels and valleys for when the rain stops, the water starts to move fro the high mountains.
2) Do not set your tent in or on the sides of the valleys in order to avoid the floods.
3) Do not set your tent at the water drainage down at the end of the street.
4) Try to go to the higher places.
5) Always follow the instructions given to you. So if you were told to move to certain places, so you should.
6) Be ready to leave the dangerous area when you hear the alarm or when you see a huge amount of rain falling.
7) Watch the roads, bridges, and the lowlands and try to be away from them.
8) Try to act quickly but in a calm way t protect yourself and your family.
9) If the level of water was above your knee, don’t pass the water stream on foot.
10) Be more cautious at night when it is very difficult to identify the risk of the floods.
11) Remember that even heavy rain and if it was for a short period of time, it might be accompanied by floods in high and mountain areas.
• Prohibition of gas usage in the kitchen in the Holy Places:
A decision was ordered that forbid the usage of the gas cylinders of various types and sizes in the Holy Places as a precaution to eliminate one of the important and direct reasons that causes fire and to apply the principle of safety. Whereas they have provided alternative means less in danger such as coal, wood, and kerosene to be used in the cooking process inside the camps. In addition to the easy access of the daily snacks that are made safely by the trading shops, plus what the Tawafa institute provides concerning the cooked meals outside the Holy Places. All this is to avoid the danger that is shown in the usage of the gas cylinder in the process of cooking inside the Holy Places. And the idea of safety will only be accomplished through your cooperation with us. So when you know the reason behind not using these gas cylinders, your belief in it, performance, and contribution in publishing this issue among all of the pilgrims, and in helping the security men in applying this, in this way we will all reach to our great goal. And here are some of the advices:
1) If you prevented yourself from selling, circulating, storing, and using of gas in the cooking process in the Holy Places is great evidence on your awareness.
2) For your own safety, cook only in the identified places inside the camp.
3) Make sure of the presence of the fire extinguisher near the cooking location.
4) For your own safety, take only for your daily use the necessary amount of oil needed for cooking inside the camp.
5) When the wind starts to blow, stop the cooking process.
6) There must always be someone near the stove.
7) If you move with a lit coal inside the camp, you may cause fire God forbids. So leave it in its specific place.
8) Inform the security men and those responsible for the safety about any usage of the gas cylinders and what dangers could it make.
9) Remember tat you only spend several days in the Holy Places in which you can accomplish the safety for all when you prevent yourself from using gas in the cooking process.
10) If you follow the instructions and guidance, you will be preventing the accidents from happening.
• Photo gallery: